Ever wondered how to make the pickle in burgers like the Whopper and Big Mac? I used to think you need to buy those from specialty stores such as Jaya Grocer & BIG.
However, as I started pickling chillies I thought why not pickle excess cucumbers as well. A quick search on the internet reveals the recipe and it's very easy.
- One tbsp dry dill
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- filtered water
- red pepper flakes (I just emptied a sachet from Domino's)
- Cut the cucumber into discs
- Put all ingredients except water in a glass jar
- Fill up the jar with water and close the lid tightly
- Shake the jar
- Leave the jar on the table or in cupboard for 24 hours
- It's now ready to eat
Store in the fridge. This one is not shelf-stable as the pickled chillies I did before.