The Ultimate French Press Technique
Despite using cheap ass stale pre-ground coffee the technique turns it into liquid gold.
The end product is at the perfect temperature to drink as well.
- French press. (A cheap one from IKEA will do)
- Digital scale.
- Spoon to stir
- Weigh 15g of ground coffee
- Pour 250g of 90 degree Celsius water. Or if you can’t wait for the water to cool down just pour 50g of room temperature water first followed by 200g of boiling water.
- Stir and let it stand for 4 minutes. Do not put the plunger on.
- Skim the top of the liquid for any debris. Wait for another 4 minutes.
- Put the plunger on but don’t push the sieve all the way down. Just let it be on top of the liquid surface.
- Pour unto pre-warmed cup.